Friday, September 17, 2010

I've got the weekend on my mind......

Happy Friday

It has been a long week and I am ready for the weekend.

Here is a highlight of my week.

I am taking an on line e-class called Blogging Your Way which is being administered by Holly Becker the writer of the blog Decor 8. If you haven't seen her blog you have to take a look. She was the pioneer for design blogs and has impeccable style. I am really enjoying the class, learning about how to make my blog more successful. I am learning a lot and feel like I am back in school. I have class three times a week with a homework assignments each week. It's been a long time since I was in school and have really had a lot of fun with it.

I am also taking a cake decorating course. I have been baking for a while and decided to take a class to perfect my decorating. It's been a lot of fun. I meet for class one night a week with baking for the class before hand. I really enjoy baking for my friends and for my daughter and thought it would be a great way for me to utilize my creativity.

We also had open house at school this week, I volunteered at school, met with a lady I'm going to be doing some business with and got to have lunch with my gal pals.

It's been a great, though busy, week.

And for the weekend we are getting a puppy. It will be filled with puppy love. We are so excited. It's going to be a complete surprise for the little princess. She knows we are getting a puppy, one day, but has no idea that it's today. I'm a bit anxious about the surprise and having a puppy. It's been five years since I had a pet and he was a beloved persian cat that lived to be 18 years old. It has taken me this long to replace him. I would have loved to have had another cat but my little lady is allergic to them and well, she loves dogs. We are getting a Mini Golden Doodle. So cute and more importantly hypoallergenic and non-shedding. My fear is that she won't end up being "mini" but I guess by then it will be too late, I will be in love. My husband is picking her up and bringing her home and as a result, every sound I hear, which is my little girl near the front door, makes me jump in excitement. They should be here soon. Yippee!!! I will definitely post pictures of our weekend with the new member of our family on Monday.

Have a great weekend.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails