Thursday, March 1, 2012

Daughters room re-do inspiration

I am in the process of planning a remodel of my daughters bedroom. She is turning seven this year and and I want to create a room that she can grow up with. I love neutrals and use them throughout my home. I think it's a calmer relaxing look and now that she is getting older I want her room to create a since of calm for her.

I'm torn though about which bedding to choose. I love the look of the bold stripe. I originally wanted to go with a beachy theme but it's been vetoed by the occupant of the room (angst). I wonder if I will tire of this easily too (ahem...will she tire of it easily). I would like for this change to take her at least in to high school if not beyond.

Now imagine
A white bed with bead board
Two white, tall, book shelves
Paint, either a blueish gray or yellow beige on the wall

I wonder which look I should choose....






I love this bold gray stripe (via West Elm) but would add some whimsy like



if you click on this picture it will enlarge and there is a butterfly container (via ThirtyOne Gifts). I think a few of these would look really cute on these book shelves.


(via Ikea)

and add a wall of these

(via Pottery Barn Kids)


But then I saw this

(via TheWillowsHomeAndGarden.blogspot.com)


and it made me think of these



I love this but would use the white Seersucker Duvet instead of teal...



Then again I love the neutral blends of this look....
(both via West Elm)


I know I want this lamp



and am off now to go find it.


I know there are a few of you that read that really love interiors, let me know what you think.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails