Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Scenes from the Weekend

I had a great weekend.  We participated in our community yard sale, we spent the afternoon at an equestrian center for a birthday party which was very fitting for the day since it was also Derby day.   Then saturday evening we had friends over for dinner and for derby festivities.  

I am from Kentucky and love this time of year.  I can't wait to one day go back home for the derby.  It is a fantastic time of celebrating and events.

While ours was a bit low key, we had homemade fried chicken and potato salad, mint juleps, and Kentucky Derby pie.  My favorite in the race, Hansen, I love the gray horses, came in third.  I always pick a gray horse and they don't ever win but this year we were close.   It was fun watching the coverage with all of the pomp and circumstance and the hats.  The hats were awesome this year.  I'm a bit nostalgic for home this time of year.  Everyone has those significant things they love about home and this is probably one of my favorites.  I love the timing too, it is officially spring, and time to plant flowers time of year there.  We had a great day!

Here are some scenes from our day.









this image is from a photographer friend of mine that was at the party...love how she captured her.  

I hope you had a great weekend.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails