Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Back

Hi. I am back from my travels and start to summer. I had two great trips. My family and I went to the mountains of Pennsylvania where we visited family. We also visited Hershey's Chocolate World, Dutch Wonderland-which is an amusement park geared specific for little ones ages 3-8, and we spent a day strolling through the Harrisburg Annual Memorial Weekend Art Fair held on the banks of the Susquehanna river. We had a wonderful time.



A very quaint house in Downtown Harrisburg

Contemporary art down town on the river bank


Hershey's Chocolate Factory...


fountain located at the capital building...

beautiful paddleboat out on the river...

a view from the sky lift at Dutch Wonderland Amusement Park....





We also visited my hometown Lexington, Kentucky. I visited with friends and family and enjoyed the spirit of simple summer living. My daughter ran around the yard catching fireflies - which reminded me of the Faith Hill song "Fireflies", we drove around horse farms for sight seeing, and checked out a wonderful nursery. The nursery, Wilson's Nursery, had an amazing retail store and beautiful flowers, including 15-20 different varieties/colors of roses. The retail store was beautifully styled, very high end, but the prices were very reasonable. The garden area was surrounded by the hills of Kentucky and could not have been more beautiful.
I am also including pictures of an original drive up restaurant, Parkette Drive-IN, that opened up 58 years ago in 1951. It was recently visited by the Food Networks own Guy Fieiri of Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. A must stop if you are traveling to Lexington.


Beautiful Gardens in Kentucky by Jon Carloftis

MILK beauty product line...

kitchen potpourri

salsa's, sauces, and herbs....

a horse statue (so fitting for the area) at the entrance of the nursery

rolling hills and

horse farms....

fireflies....

an original drive-in restaurant established in 1951..
check it out at theparkette.com





I hope you enjoyed these highlights from my trips. While I had a great time I am glad to be back home. It's time to hit the beach.

Leslie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails