Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Scenes from the Weekend

I had a fantastic Fourth of July weekend. How about you?

We kicked off the celebrating at our neighborhood Parade and Picnic. We live in a great community that plans all sorts of activities. The 4th of July festivities are some of my favorite. We started off by walking in the parade that went around the neighborhood, then we ate lunch at the barbecue then spent a few hours swimming in the neighborhood pool listening to music. A really fun day.

Then yesterday we spent the afternoon at the pool, had our own little barbecue for three then set off some of our own personal fireworks. It turns out that two of our neighbors had bought some of the BIG fireworks and we had dueling fireworks shows at the courtesy of our them. Not too shabby.

Here are a few pictures.

















I hope your weekend was festive and fun!

Leslie

P.S. I am feeling a bit of shock and aw, sadness and overwhelming disbelief at todays verdict in the Casey Anthony trial. For those of you in other areas it was the case against her for the death of her daughter Caylee. I will pray for her tonight and the life that was lost.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Your daughter is so cute and I love the one with her and the sparklers; my daughter love sparklers when she was that age.

    The bbq with the umbrella picture is too funny! :)

    jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the picture of Daisy, in the window!! You should blow that one up & hang it in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails