Monday, October 4, 2010

Thrift Finds

It was the perfect fall weekend for us Floridians. It was crisp and cool in the mornings and only reached the mid 80's. Pure Bliss. I had a great weekend, aside from the fact that I did not sleep well Friday night, between insomnia and a new puppy in the house, I got about four hours. That did not deter me, however, from a thrift shopping trip with some girlfriends. And I am so glad that I did, I had such great luck. Then on Sunday I made yummy pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. A great way to start off the great food for fall. A friend of mine had a great idea and made them for dinner!!!! Mmmmm! I'll share the recipe in my next post. I also got good news from my doctor on Friday, I am still of of caffeine, but since condition has improved, I decided to cheat (just a little) and made brownies. Yep, I would choose brownies over coffee! That's saying something for someone who has insomnia.

Here is my take from my thrift shopping excursion:


black, Wide Leg, Cuffed, Pants - Banana Republic


full, Gray and white stripe, Skirt - Old Navy




green turtle neck sweater - GAP



sailor style jeans - Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker



light blue, twill, boyfriend style pants - GAP





Shoes - Aren't these cute!?!?
Tennis Shoes - Target
Green Flats - Rouge



And this Great Frame!
It's more than just a frame, it's made by materials salvaged from homes and businesses in Historic New Orleans. Such a great piece of history for only $1.99.



All in all I think it was a really successful trip. I found really cute stuff at really great prices in GREAT condition. I even found a pair of Lucky Brand jeans (aren't I lucky?) for only 96 cents. Yes, you read that correctly!!!! I was so excited with all of my buys that I came home immediately and washed them. I wore the Lucky Brand jeans yesterday which is why they aren't pictured. You just can't beat it. And I got to spend some fun with great friends which is priceless.


What did you do this weekend?

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails