Monday, November 21, 2011

Scenes from the weekend

The weekend was a busy one.

On Saturday I took a photography workshop. The workshop was True Emotion Photography Workshop and if you are interested in taking better pictures this is one to look for. I learned some new skills, I have to definitely practice, but I think in time I will be able to take some great pictures. I love pictures, love to take them and love to look at them so this was right up my alley. I learned to use my camera in "manual" mode. I have always used mine in "auto" mode and have gotten some great pictures and a LOT of bad ones. Now I am able to take pictures the way that I want and have learned what all of those buttons mean on my camera. I also learned that I have a really great lens with great zoom. Who knew. We don't have an elaborate camera but not a point and click so I was happy with the quality of the zoom for the level of camera that I have


We also went to a local art fair. The Fall Festival of DeLand. We had a great time and I got to do some practice. We spent a lot of time outside on Sunday as it was beautiful. Fun playing in the yard, bike riding, and putting up a few Christmas decorations. Yes, Christmas. We travel for Thanksgiving and I just want a bit of Christmas when I get home.


Here are a few shots that I took at the work shop. I love the one where the subject is in focus and everything is blurry. Cool Stuff!






Art Fair Fun!















Have a great Monday.

Leslie

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to know what all those fancy buttons on my camera ment and how to use them! It would be so nice to attend one of those classes but out here in Western Ok it is hard to one those. Love my small town but would soooo enjoy doing all the fun activities that the big city offers! BTW your little girl is absolutely gorgeous!! AND love the necklace you are wearing with the slate grey top! Cute as always! Are you still growing your hair out? I love the cut of it now!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails