Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The weekend

Hi! I had a great weekend and am just now getting around to posting about it. First of all, it was Kentucky Derby this weekend. I can't get enough of the excitement. I didn't get to go, but watched the action unfold on TV, actually through DVR. We had family in town and were out to dinner during the race, this is the first year in 10 that I didn't actually watch the race but it was still exciting a few hours later.

That same day we had our semi-annual neighborhood yard sale. It's always good for some great treasure finding. For those that live in the area and missed it, put on your calendars the next yard sale which is the first Saturday in November at Victoria Park.

Here are my yard sale finds. I redecorated my daughters bathroom with a few of them, I'll post the pics in a later post.


This little wooden box was green and had been colored and written all over. I spray painted over it all with a high gloss white. I'm not sure if it will end up in my daughters room, bathroom or out on the patio. I think it's great and very versatile. It would be great to hold napkins and utensils for a get together, yard tools, flowers, just about anything. It was only $2.00.


This basket is great. It's a nice size to hold towels. It only cost my $1.00.


This was the deal of the day. It is a Battenburg shower curtain that, with a little bartering, only cost $6. And My sweet mother in law bought it for me so for me it was free.



These last two items each cost only $1.00. Not bad as I have seen these glass milk jars for up to $8.00 at the flea market, and the white fluted bowl I just had to have to add to my white dish ware collection.

All in all it was a successful yard sale day.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails