Friday, August 12, 2011

A Lowcountry Sunset


There are few things in life as simple and constant as the setting sun.

Although life is full of unpredictable twists and turns, the one thing you can always count on is that the sun will come up each morning to lead us into a new day, and set in the evening, bringing the darkness of night.

We know it will happen. We know when it will happen. We've seen it a thousand times.

But the splendor of the sunset is that no matter how many times we've seen it, it still has the power to take our breath away.


by Caitlin Mayer


I live in Florida and have seen a many beautiful sunset but none compare to those in the Lowcountry. One day that will be my back yard. No matter how many times I've seen it, and no matter what I am going through, watching the setting sun helps me remember how precious this life is.

Have a great weekend.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails