Thursday, September 23, 2010

New puppy and a sun shower.

I just wanted to share some things that make me happy and that embody my idea of a simple life. A simple life to me means living in a way of times gone by. It means enjoying a popsicle, a raining day, baking cookies, a fresh mowed lawn, or watching my puppy run through the house.


I would like to introduce you to the new addition to my family. Her name is Daisy, she is a mini Golden Doodle and I am smitten.

There was an exhaustive search and a lot of deciding factors on what type of dog to buy. Did we want a big dog or little dog. We had to have a dog that was hypo-allergenic as my daughter has allergies. She's not allergic to dogs, but just to be extra cautious we wanted a non-shedding dog. We love Golden Retrievers, but oh the shedding, I can't handle the shedding. You could say I have a thing for a clean home. So after a long search and lots of debate we decided on our little mini Golden Doodle. What is a mini Golden Doodle you ask? It's a "designer bread". She is part Golden Retriever and part Poodle. The best of two worlds. The Golden Retriever has such a sweet and kind disposition. Great for kids. And the poodle is super smart. The best part is, the mini, she shouldn't get bigger than 25 to 30 lbs.

We are thrilled with our choice. Even at the cost of buying her from a breeder in Arkansas (we live in Florida) and having to pay to fly her home. It was all worth it. She's adorable. Don't ya think?


I must admit though that I have failed as her mother and trainer today. I have been so busy researching, posting and working on this blog that I haven't been paying attention and she has had a few accidents. Not the puppy's fault, I need to get off of my keester.

One more thing I wanted to share with you before I sign off, these are pictures of a sun shower we had this morning. I think it's a beautiful site. I was able to capture a few pictures to share with you.



This is shady lane style at it's finest.

Have a great day.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails