Monday, November 22, 2010

Fun weekend at our local art fair



It's Monday and, yay, it's Thanksgiving week. Do you wonder to yourself "How is it already Thanksgiving"? I do. It's hard to believe it's in just a few days. We will be jetting off to my home state, Kentucky, for some family time, great food and a little R&R. Hopefully, we will be able to fit in a little date night for the hubby and I.

Until then, I'd like to share some of my weekend highlights. We went to a local art fair and enjoyed being out in the beautiful Florida weather. I live in a little town, just to the North of Orlando. We moved here five years ago due to a company relocation and at the time if I had thought I would still be here, five years later, and enjoying living here, I would have thought I was crazy. But, that is what has happened. We have so many great things about our little town. One of them is the annual DeLand Festival of the Arts art fair. There are artists that come from all over the states to participate and there is some fantastic art. I have included pictures of some of my favorites.

Beautiful pottery. I especially loved the white pieces. Very textural and graphic.



I love black and white photography and especially pictures of the low country and coast. These were really pretty.


This was the greatest display. I'm not sure how well it comes out in the picture, but it's a giant crate, made out of wood with a ramp for the entrance. The art displayed inside were pictures of animals. The pictures were fun, colorful and really quirky. The whole display one best entry for me. It was the highlight of the day.




This was my favorite picture displayed in the "crate". I wish I could have taken it home, it was a bit steep for me at a mere 495.00. Beautiful though.



Love this colorful piece.



A tid bit about my little town. This restaurant, Cress, was voted by the Orlando Sentinel as a runner up in a miscellaneous category. It's a small, elegant restaurant with black table cloths, brick walls, elegant stemware and serve ware, and en eclectic menu. For those of you that live in Central Florida, or if you are here visiting and want to get away from the craziness of Orlando, It's a great reason to drive out and check out DeLand, our downtown and this great restaurant. Check out their website at cressrestaurant.com. It's really a winner.

Have a great night! See ya tomorrow for a great gift idea. I know, it's not even Thanksgiving, but you've got to be prepared. Right?

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails