Monday, November 15, 2010

Guest bedroom inspiration

Happy Monday. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Here in Florida, you couldn't beat the weather. Beautiful. We spent lots of time outside.

On another note, I am redecorating my guest bedroom. Aside from the bed and armoire everything else is going. All the items were sold in the yard sale and now I am on the hunt for new items to redo this room. I want it to be calm, serene and sophisticated. I am starting with these items below for my inspiration. I love mixing dark wood with white. We aren't changing out the bed, right now there is an iron bed that was custom made, but in this picture I loved the horizontal white board detail behind the day bed. I would love to create that affect with stripes in different shades of white/beige painted on the wall. I also like to mix weathered and rustic pieces in to a clean/modern decor. I don't really have room for a rug, but love the graphic look of the numbers rug and would love to incorporate this look. I'm off to start shopping and looking for this "look" on a budget, TJMaxx, HomeGoods, Ikea, Etc.....Here I come!

What do you think?




Have a great Monday.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails