Monday, May 2, 2011

Scenes from the weekend...

I am feeling a bit patriotic today and a bit tired. I was awake when the news came last night and ended up staying awake to hear the president speak and to watch coverage afterwards. I was feeling the excitement watching the crowds gather in both D.C. and in New York. We Americans are due this excitement. It's been a long time coming.

Where were you when you heard the news?

I had a great weekend. Though it wasn't too busy, it seems like it was. I enjoyed a Mothers Day craft with my daughter, had dinner as a family at our favorite restaurant and went to a Sip and See. I was relieved to not have any baking as I worked full time hours last week completing all of my baking orders.

As promised I am sharing pictures of my baking that I did. I had three orders. One was for wedding dress cookies for a bridal shower. The second was for 150 wedding cake cookies that were going to be used for favors. And the third order was for bib and onesie cookies and strawberry cupcakes for a "sip and see".




These last pictures are random.

My daugther, all girly girl, playing with dirt.
Feeding the ducks at dinner
And
A yummy, no bake, snack. I saw this on Lisa Leonard. Store bought cookies, we dipped them in marshmallow cream, and topped with sprinkles. Quick and YUM!!!




I hope you had a great weekend.

I am proud to be an American today.

Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Your cookies and cupcake look great and so yummy(my favorite!); I wish we were close, I would definately have you bake for me! :)

    I like the cookie dipped idea, super cute and easy too!

    Take care!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails