Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend recap and Goals

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a wonderful time on a little mini getaway with my family. No matter when I go, Hilton Head is always magical. The weather was incredibly mild, especially compared to the hot, humid, days we have been experiencing here in Florida. It was FANTASTIC.

We especially enjoyed a day at the beach. The surf was up due to the hurricane activity that is brewing out in the Atlantic, but for those wanting to roll in the waves, it was perfect. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, the air was mild, the waves were rolling and the spirits were flowing. A perfect day.

Here are a few pics to capture the mood of our visit.









GOALS
While relaxing on the beach I had time to ponder about things I would like to accomplish. I now have loads of time on my hands. I do have a few "irons in the fire" that I will announce at a later date, but here are a few goals that I have set for myself. I would like to get a lot of these done before the end of the year. I figure if I put them in writing and out there on this wide web, I will have to follow through.

Start an online Etsy store
Take an e-course on blogging
Make one new recipe each week
Take an embroidery class and learn to use my machine to it's potential
Start sewing projects again
Start Yoga
Take a photography class
Maybe get a new hairstyle
Take a cake decorating class


I've decided I don't just have one thing I want to concentrate on. I want to be a jack of all things creative. There are so many things that I love to do that it's hard to put anything aside and concentrate on one. I am going to try to put lots of fires out there and see what happens. I have a wonderful husband that is allowing me the time to explore all of these interests and to gain some expertise so that I may one day (soon) bring some income in. Wish me luck because I hope it's through one of these outlets. Hey Martha move over!

Have a great Monday. See ya tomorrow.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails