Friday, April 23, 2010

from this Kentucky native.....It's DERBY Time!!!

The Kentucky Derby Festival is under way. The three week festival has everything from parties, street party festivities called the "Chuck Wagon" where you will taste the best chili and Kentucky Burgoo ever, Hot Air Balloon Race, Steam Boat Race, Pegasus Parade, fireworks display called Thunder over Louisville and is displayed over the Ohio River, and parties parties parties. You'll experience great southern food, great southern hospitality, great fashion and the best mint Julep you've ever tasted. I wanted to share a few images of this spectacular event and the spirit of Kentucky. I haven't been back to the Derby since I moved away from home, but it is on my to do list to go back very soon. It's one of the best events EVER and if you have every thought about going, you definitely should.

Have a great weekend. I will certainly be dreaming about My Old Kentucky Home. Be sure to watch the action unfold next Saturday, May 1st.

Leslie













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails