Thursday, January 19, 2012

Farmers Market Finds

I went to our local farmers market this week. I hadn't been in quite a while and am so happy that I had taken a break. It was a ton of fun. Lot's of vendors, a country band playing, and the crowds were awesome. I love it during this time of the year. It's crowded and the energy is tons of fun.

These are the buys I came home with.....


Vintage Tray
LOVE this tray! It was originally marked $14 which I thought was a steal then the guy selling it said he would take $5. Uh, Sold! I knew exactly where it would go, one day. I am thinking of the remodel for my daughters room. It will be coastal in theme and I think this would look perfect sitting on her dresser. I'll have to put it away, or display, somewhere for the time being as we aren't planning on redecorating her room until next year. I may just have to push that up a bit. Is it smart to buy so early when you find something you love? I just know that I would have pined over it if I hadn't bought it.


Conch Shell
These are hard to come by and this vendor had a whole basket full and was selling them for $5.00. Again, WHAT? These shells are usually between $20 - $30 for this size. I should have bought more than one but only knew where the one was going to go. I'm trying to only buy what I need or if I have a specific plan for it.




Orchid
I love the look of orchids, especially after Christmas. It's just a little bit of life that I need to brighten my home up after taking down the christmas decorations. Plus, they last longer than cut flowers and with any luck it will live and re-bloom. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


Here are a few things that I found interesting that i didn't buy

I love this sign. I don't know why, just found it humorous and fun for the day.



Purple glass. I have never seen so much of the same color and haven't seen any purple. It was all over today. Not sure why it was in such abundance. I thought it was pretty and came back to it a couple of times. I love these old bottles. It was pretty and Expensive too.

I'm not sure what this is. It looked cool and authentic. It was covered in rope with knots and a navy clock. Again I don't know exactly what it was and I didn't ask but it was marked $500. Yep $500. I wish I had asked.



I was told that this is a russian tea set. The vendor had the whole set. The bowls are used to drink the tea out of. It came with eight small bowls, some serving bowls and platters and the tea pot. I loved the color combination. Orange and teal is my favorite. I loved it but it wouldn't go with my decor at all. I see a lot of home styles in the blog world and thought it kind of had a glam look to it. It would be beautiful sitting on a tray on a console table in a home. Really lovely.


Great things this week and I can't wait for next week. I will plan my day better so that I can spend the day and really explore.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails