Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Interior decorating tips



Interior design is all about being surrounded by things that you love. My husband and I love the beach so our home definitely has a coastal feel. We have a color palette of tans, grays, blues, greens and white. We also love weathered reclaimed pieces to give a feeling that the rooms have been created over time. You can find inexpensive decorating items anywhere. I have a collection of blue ball jars, that I have collected in my trips to flea markets, that are in my breakfast nook off of my kitchen. I love that they are old, weathered and the colors remind me of the ocean. Another great idea to incorporate things that you love is to use photographs that you have taken as wall art. I love black and white pictures in black frames on a tan wall. It's very clean and classic. Try to get out of your comfort zone when shopping, yard sales, flea markets and consignment shops are great places to find one of a kind pieces to create an eclectic feel in your home.

I'll share more of my finds in later posts. You can really score some great pieces and save money too.

Have fun searching.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails