Monday, March 22, 2010

Scenes from the weekend....we went to the BIG TOP





We went to the Big Top this weekend to see the Cole Bros. Circus. I had never been to a circus in a tent and thought it would be a fun experience. We had a great time. We were pretty close to the floor and got to see all the action up close. A little too up close. They had trained tigers that were doing stunts and I was sure if they tried hard enough that they could climb the cage and jump right out. My husband later informed me that the cage was electrified, not sure how because they took it apart right in front of my eyes. Nonetheless, a little too close for comfort for me. This circus definitely didn't top that of the Barnum and Bailey Circus, but still a fun experience. I am sharing my favorite shots and what I enjoyed the most, all of the atmosphere and one shot of my favorite animal. I have to say I felt bad for the animals. I hadn't been to a circus since I was a young adult, and I think my views on the world have changed, I felt really sad for the animals being used as show. I still love the idea of the big tent though. I will in future years enjoy watching the tent go up in our little community.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails