Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pictures of my home








I wanted to share a few images from my home but first a little back story of how we came to our design style. Our style is probably transitional, we have a little bit of contemporary mixed with cottage comfortable. When my husband and I met, my style was very country, I did mention I was from Kentucky. My house had lots of green and burgundy plaid, oak furniture and dried flowers. My husband was very minimalist. He had a blue leather couch, stone coffee table and very little, if any, accessories. Very stark and cold. Now, look to see how we merged our styles and found a great middle ground. He really loves the dark rich wood and warm tones and I love the clean lines and less clutter. It's the perfect design compromise for us.

We still have some things we want to change, rooms to paint and some pieces to replace. But isn't the fun part that it's never really done?

Have a wonderful day!

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails